JOIN THE MINEX CRC POSTGRADUATE PROGRAM
- Be part of a revolution in exploration science that will deliver the next generation of mineral discoveries.
- Help develop technologies for more effective, safer and environmentally friendly mineral exploration.
CUTTING EDGE RESEARCH…
- Work in the world’s largest collaborative effort in mineral exploration research, bringing together global leaders in geosciences, engineering and sensing technology at the forefront of exploration science.
- Develop new technologies to measure and understand complex Earth systems.
- Grow your knowledge and experience within multi-disciplinary research teams.
- Engage in a culture of innovation – where great ideas underpin practical solutions.
- MinEx CRC research is driven by real-world challenges defined by our resources industry and Government.
- Research outcomes have a pathway to market via service provider and end-user partners.
PROVIDING EXPANDED CAREER OPTIONS
- MinEx CRC post-graduate projects are industry-linked, with co-supervision and mentorship from industry professionals.
- Practical, hands-on experience in industry environment
- Open multiple doorways – to an academic, government or industry career.
- Develop skills in innovation, entrepreneurship and communication.
All MinEx CRC Postgraduate projects are clearly aligned with our Mission to:
- Demonstrate Australia as a destination country for mineral exploration
- Develop more productive, safer and environmentally-friendly drilling methods for mineral deposit discovery and drill-out
- Develop new technologies for collecting data while drilling
- Implement a world-first collaboration of Geological Surveys, research and industry that will undertake drilling in under-explored areas of potential mineral wealth within Australia.
- Optimisation and automation of drilling
- Drilling fluid management
DATA FROM DRILLING
- Machine Learning applied to geophysical data
- Real time subsurface reconstruction from geophysical logging whilst drilling
- Geostatistics and Machine Learning applied to LIBS geochemical data
- Human-computer interactions to interpret geological data
NATIONAL DRILLING INITIATIVE
- Biogeochemistry, hydrogeochemistry and regolith studies for mineral exploration
- Exploration models for critical minerals (particularly REEs)
- Exploration models for intrusion-related gold systems
- Trace element and isotope chemistry of accessory minerals with application to mineral exploration