POSTGRADUATE OPPORTUNITIES IN EXPLORATION SCIENCE
JOIN THE MINEX CRC POSTGRADUATE PROGRAM
- Be part of a revolution in exploration science that will deliver the next generation of mineral discoveries.
- Help develop technologies for more effective, safer and environmentally friendly mineral exploration.
CUTTING EDGE RESEARCH…
- Work in the world’s largest collaborative effort in mineral exploration research, bringing together global leaders in geosciences, engineering and sensing technology at the forefront of exploration science.
- Develop new technologies to measure and understand complex Earth systems.
- Grow your knowledge and experience within multi-disciplinary research teams.
- Engage in a culture of innovation – where great ideas underpin practical solutions.
- MinEx CRC research is driven by real-world challenges defined by our resources industry and Government.
- Research outcomes have a pathway to market via service provider and end-user partners.
PROVIDING EXPANDED CAREER OPTIONS
- MinEx CRC post-graduate projects are industry-linked, with co-supervision and mentorship from industry professionals.
- Practical, hands-on experience in industry environment
- Open multiple doorways – to an academic, government or industry career.
- Develop skills in innovation, entrepreneurship and communication.
All MinEx CRC Postgraduate projects are clearly aligned with our Mission to:
- Demonstrate Australia as a destination country for mineral exploration
- Develop more productive, safer and environmentally-friendly drilling methods for mineral deposit discovery and drill-out
- Develop new technologies for collecting data while drilling
- Implement a world-first collaboration of Geological Surveys, research and industry that will undertake drilling in under-explored areas of potential mineral wealth within Australia.
- Drilling optimisation and automation
- Real-time downhole sensing of drilling parameters
- Innovative drilling and sampling technologies for mineral exploration
DATA FROM DRILLING
- Cutting edge sensing and in-field analytical techniques
- Real-time subsurface reconstruction from geophysical logging whilst drilling
- Novel seismic exploration methods
- Data science applied to exploration in complex systems
- 3D prospectivity and uncertainty analysis
NATIONAL DRILLING INITIATIVE
- Data from frontier, never-before-sampled geological terranes
- Continent to camp-scale geological architecture and evolution
- Geologic fundamentals of mineral systems
- Geophysical and geochemical expression of mineral systems in Earth science data
- Novel, integrated isotopic and geochronological techniques
- Mineral deposit vectoring from integrated regional geology, geophysics, geochemistry, geochronology, regolith studies and hydrogeochemistry.
- Data science techniques for multi-dimensional and multi-scale prospectivity analysis and ore system targeting
We are searching for committed, passionate and talented postgraduate students to join us in this challenge.
Thursday, 17 December 2020. MinEx CRC has successfully completed its first National Drilling Initiative (NDI) campaigns, including a 1750m…
17 December 2020. MinEx CRC has successfully completed its first National Drilling Initiative (NDI) campaigns, including a 10 hole,…
MinEx CRC features in today’s edition of The West Australian. Download the article here.
2020 has been an incredibly trying year for everyone. We’d like to thank our team of MinEx CRC Sponsors, researchers,…
Ever wondered what MinExCRC is doing with $220M of cash and in-kind funding? We’ve created a set of animations for each of…
JOIN THE MINEX CRC POSTGRADUATE PROGRAM Be part of a revolution in exploration science that will deliver the next generation…
MinEx CRC’s National Drilling Initiative (NDI) featured by David Upton in the September issue of Mining Monthly magazine. Read more…
IFM stands for products of extraordinary quality and an honest service promise to you, we offer solutions for automation, including…
Alfa Laval is a Swedish headquartered global equipment manufacturer, established in Australia since 1926 with Australia’s largest centrifuge repair centre…